Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Resolution: Years in the making

I have always been a fan of symmetry.  I have always liked stories that stick to a theme and that begin with a presentation of a conflict which is ultimately resolved in the end.  I have always liked this because it is neat and clean and it provides us with a way in which to frame our studies.  But life is seldom this simple.  Life is often complicated and we cannot depend on putting everything back in its place and to have our bookends lineup.  It is for these reasons that I tend to be taken aback by the times when the scenario is neat.  Such is the case I would like to discuss right now.  The story of Ruth.  In order to understand the story of Ruth I would like to first discuss another Biblical story: Judah and Tamar.

No comments:

Post a Comment